Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends. And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!
I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of “interposition” and “nullification” — one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.
I have a dream today!
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; “and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.”
This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.
With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.
- valentinovalentine74 likes this
- queenknowitalll likes this
- roberttgomezz likes this
- achalar reblogged this from achalar
- smokycinderella reblogged this from fuckyeahhistorycrushes
- smokycinderella likes this
- vivianhannguyen reblogged this from unhistorical
- dreamaday reblogged this from highfunctioningmouthbreathers
- guillmodeltoro reblogged this from unhistorical
- yerinag reblogged this from tierdropp
- u3thoughts reblogged this from unhistorical
- wegototheinfiniteandbeyond likes this
- weweresopariswhenwekissed likes this
- excusememayi reblogged this from sgolitz
- villa-anj reblogged this from sgolitz
- villa-anj likes this
- mandypires2 likes this
- choclit98 reblogged this from sgolitz
- luvlady345 reblogged this from needscandalinmylife
- luvlady345 likes this
- needscandalinmylife reblogged this from sgolitz and added:
- needscandalinmylife likes this
- scandalobsessedfan likes this
- whenloveissilent reblogged this from kef12345
- 135262 reblogged this from kef12345
- kef12345 reblogged this from sgolitz
- kef12345 likes this
- justjameka likes this
- sgolitz reblogged this from okay-you-win
- westernunionman likes this
- okay-you-win reblogged this from unhistorical
- mikeandtinaforever reblogged this from musiqchild007
- sugardaddysandstarbucks reblogged this from ellietheviperwhorewinchester
- ellietheviperwhorewinchester reblogged this from chewskidvm
- chewskidvm reblogged this from unhistorical
- laconchiglia likes this
- onceupon--atime13 reblogged this from 8liveswasted
- pew-pew-p3w reblogged this from 8liveswasted
- 8liveswasted reblogged this from somethingtoholdonto
- justforthefunofitall likes this
- faralarala reblogged this from userhoe
- faralarala likes this
- itsunrequitedlove likes this
- userhoe reblogged this from wearenotthewar
- taylorwaaaa reblogged this from wearenotthewar
- nyancatsaremydream reblogged this from saveusalltellmelifeisbeautiful
- nyancatsaremydream likes this
- kitkat534 likes this
- thewantedyoutubedirectioner likes this