September 17, 1787: The U.S. Constitution is adopted by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
After four months of negotiating, drafting, and revising, thirteen disgruntled delegates of the total fifty-five who had attended had left completely; of the remaining forty-two, three refused to sign, leaving thirty-nine delegates to adopt what would officially become one year later the framework of our government and the supreme law of our country.
No further elaboration is needed, since most of us have learned about the Constitution year after year in school. And it goes without saying- that this is one of the most important dates in American history.
- glory-stars reblogged this from unhistorical
- bayamontate reblogged this from unhistorical and added:
- honeyscrumptious likes this
- akiremalee likes this
- istellar reblogged this from unhistorical
- scatteredaesthetics reblogged this from unhistorical
- unhistorical posted this